DECORATIVE DOGS
PAIRS OR MORE DOGS "GUARDING" STAIRS AND GATES

O CÃO COMO DE-CORAÇÃO
PARES OU MAIS CÃES "MONTANDO GUARDA" EM ESCADAS E PORTÕES

click on the banners for further information





BANNER

by _pauls/Paul Stamp
© Paul

Português *** Portuguese

Cães

hospedaria Byland Inn
Byland Abbey, North Yorkshire, Inglaterra


BANNER

dogs
© nox-AM-ruit

Português *** Portuguese

Cães

Castelnuovo Berardenga,Toscana, Itália




by Zesmerelda/Tammy Green
© Tammy Green

Português *** Portuguese

Cães

Parque Lincoln
Chicago, Illinois, Estados Unidos



BANNER

PICTURE PICTURE PICTURE PICTURE PICTURE
PICTURE PICTURE PICTURE PICTURE waymarking.com

dogsDogs - The Pillot House (built in 1868) was owned by Houston native writer Joseph Eugene Pillot; he wrote about these two dogs in one of his works. Pillot ordered the two original iron sculptures from the Janes, Kirtland & Company's 1870 Illustrated Catalogue (the item number for the sculptures was #84 in that publication). The Dogs were cast in Morrisania, New York, from a model designed by a New York sculptor named Richardson. They were placed on low pylons beside the front steps of the Pillot's home. The sculptures were later donated to the River Oaks Garden Club. After the Pillot House was acquired by the Heritage Society, the River Oaks Garden Club donated the Pillot Dogs to the Society. It was the Garden Club's hope that the sculptures might once again guard the historic home's entrance. Today, replicas in bronze of the original dogs flank the entryway of the house. The original dogs were at a critical status, with portions of the dogs being visibly cracked and chipped. Del Rey Bronze of Houston recast them in 1989. The original cast iron dogs have been carefully restored and relocated to the Heritage Society Museum source

Português ***



Portuguese

Cães - Réplicas em bronze das esculturas de ferro encomendadas pelo escritor Joseph Eugene Pillot para sua casa (construída em 1868); em um de seus trabalhos, ele escreveu sobre estes dois cães. Os cães originais foram substituído em 1989 porque estavam muito danificados e estão agora no Heritage Society Museum. A casa fica no Parque Sam Houston em Houston, Texas, Estados Unidos.


Photo © im_swts/Connie


BANNER

perro
© jglijgi

Português ***



Portuguese

Cães

Moscou, Rússia


BANNER

dogs
© Brecht Bug

picture ***



foto picture ***



foto picture ***



foto picture ***



foto

Português *** Portuguese

Cães

Manhattan
Nova Iorque, Estados Unidos


BANNER

dogs
© Lorelei Muncey

PICTURE *** FOTO PICTURE *** FOTO

Português *** Portuguese

Cães

fundos do Museu do Louvre
Paris, França





PICTURE *** FOTO

Português *** Portuguese

Cães

No bairro Pacific Heights
São Francisco
, Califórnia, Estados Unidos


BANNER

dog
© Rinabobina

picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto Waymarking

Português *** Portuguese

Cães

Pythian Home of Missouri
Springfield
, Missouri, Estados Unidos


BANNER

by symonmreynolds dog
© ckffw                                                         

picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto
picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto
picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto picture *** foto

Português ***



Portuguese

Cães na Escadaria

Castelo de Loches
Loches, França



BANNER

PICTURE *** FOTO PICTURE *** FOTO PICTURE *** FOTO PICTURE *** FOTO

by Sheena ChiDover Dogs - "In 1869, the mayor of Dover, England gave two dog statues to George Richards, Doverís first dogmayor; the statues were placed at the entrance to the Richards estate. In 1989, they were donated to the town (the dog statues had went from George Richards to Thomas Baker to Bakerís granddaughter Barbara Dunn). Finally, in 1998, the statues statues were taken out of storage at Dover High School and placed at the entrance to town hall."    source

In December 2005, the Dover Dogs were vandalized.  source

In the following year, they were unveiled again in the same place by James Dodd (Dover's Mayor), and Jan Tranter (Dover England's mayor).   source

Português *** Portuguese

Cães de Dover - Em 1869, o prefeito da cidade de Dover, na Inglaterra, deu dois cães de bronze para George Richards, primeiro prefeito de Dover, Nova Jérsei, Estados Unidos; Richards colocou os cães na entrada de sua residência. Em 1989, os cães foram doados para a cidade (as estátuas tinham passado de Richards para Thomas Baker, que as deixou para sua neta Barbara Dunn). Em 1998, finalmente os cães foram resgatados do depósito da escola da cidade e colocados na entrada da Prefeitura.

Em dezembro de 2005, as estátuas foram vandalizadas; no ano seguinte, foram reinauguradas no mesmo lugar pelo prefeitos das duas Dover, americana e inglesa.


Photos © Sheena Chi


BANNER

dogs
© Vertigogen

picture *** foto BUTTON

Português *** Portuguese

Dois Cães no Portão

Robert and John Davies
1719-1721
Castelo de Chirk

Chirk, Wrexham, País de Gales


BANNER

by Matt



(mistergoleta)/Matthew E. Cohen
© Matthew E. Cohen

Português *** Portuguese

Dois Cães no Portão

Fresno, Califórnia, Estados Unidos


BANNER

dogs
© Dennis Church

PICTURE PICTURE

Português *** Portuguese

Dois Cães no Portão (Dogues alemães)

Anna Vaughn Hyatt Huntington
granito
1929
Brookgreen Gardens
Murrells Inlet, Carolina do Sul, Estados Unidos



Foto de André



NazarethTwo Dogs at the Gate - The land was owned, in the XVIII century, by José Ferreira da Fonte, Governor of the Province of Rio de Janeiro's secretary; the manor was built by Laureano Corrêa e Castro, Baron of Campo Belo ó it took 20 years to be finished (from 1810 to 1830). The statues were founded in Osne-le-Val, France.

Português *** Portuguese

Dois Cães no Portão - Em bronze, na Fazenda do Secretário, em Vassouras, Rio de Janeiro. As terras pertenceram, no século XVIII, a José Ferreira da Fonte, secretário do governador da Província do Rio de Janeiro; já o casarão foi construído por Laureano Corrêa e Castro, o Barão de Campo Belo, tendo ficado pronto em 1830, após 20 anos de trabalho. As estátuas foram fundidas por Barbezat & Co. uma das famosas fundições de Osne-le-Val, França.

A Rede Globo filmou as minisséries Os Maias e O Quinto dos Infernos na propriedade.


Photo © André Nazareth


BACK

VOLTAR